This has been one heck of a week.
Monday Big bug woke up complaining of a cough and sore throat. It didn't sound like anything big, so we let her have a jammie morning and went about our usual routine. By 11:00 she had a fever and at 3 when I picked her up from nana papa's house she was really not well. We went to the pedi for little bug's flu booster and I commented to one of the nurses, we may be back. Oh what I didn't know then.....
Tuesday... big bug still had a fever, cough even worse, won't eat and her fever is so high she doesnt' want to cuddle cause it hurts to be touched, but wants to be comforted. Little bug's rash (she has had off and on for a couple of weeks) is much worse.
Wednesday... Big bug's fever still high, cough much worse and still lethargic. Tylenol was doing nothing. Daddy took the girls to the morning sick hours at the pediatrician while I went to work to get things set up for the sub and then met then at the dr.s. I arrived just as they were put into the exam room. Doctor comes in and looks at Hannah. Says she looks great and gives a regimine for her fungal infection, then turns to big bug. Examines her, she looks good, clear ears, lungs sound good, throat a little red, nothing of note except this spikey high fever and rattley cough.... "she has the flu" he says, "but she got her flu shot, I guess they missed one" I replied, and he said yep... this one we don't have the vaccine for. He suspects that she has H1N1 and says to keep her home and hydrated. He then says you all will probably get it, so get ready. He then outlined what should happen, what to be concerned about, when to come back if necessary, and special instrucitons for little bug should she become simptomatic.
Thursday... mom off work. BB Fever wains. but still not normal. She is able to play and eat a little. LB rash getting better. LB starts to cough
Friday... mom still off work, Dad woke up sick :-(BB Fever still very low, but still there then spiked again in the afternoon. LB rash looks great!
Stay tuned........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment