Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sometimes Kodak doesn't cut it.

There are days in life when you know that even if you take a photo of the event, it will never come close to capturing the beauty of the moment... today was one of those days.
we spent a few days at the cabin and this morning Dave and I were getting packed up to head home. I was in the kitchen finishing cleaning up and Dave was loading the car. Molly was watching Super Why when she heard Hannah begin to cry upon waking up. Molly said..."I got it, Mom..."I got it" as she ran into the bedroom. She sat down on the floor next to the tot cot that Hannah called a "crib" for the previous three nights. She then opened the Three little Pigs book and began to read the book to Hannah. Hannah upon hearing Molly's voice turned her head to her sister, smiled and listened intently to the story. Dave paused and said, "honey, you have to see this." We stood in the hallway just watching the girls and this intimate moment between sisters.

May I remember this moment when they are adolescent and tearing each others hair out.

1 comment: