Last Monday was a teacher work day and I finally built up the nerve to tell Becky that this is my last yearbook. After 4 years of advising yearbook, I am done. I came to the conclusion that I can't and don't want to do it all, but I do want to do what I love well. I decided that I was working too hard and not taking time to enjoy the simple things in life, so something had to go. Once I decided that it needed to happen things got easier. I know that yearbook will be there for me when I am ready to take it on again, but for now, this one has to be my last. We are about a month away from going to print and I know that it will be a great book.
I am trying to decide how to tell the yearbook staff, but for now, I'll just tell you. I am proud of the things I have learned, and the place I have helped the yearbook grow to. I have enjoyed the challenge, the deadlines and the technology. Now... a new challenge... enjoy a slower pace. Do you think it is possible?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment